Monday, November 1, 2010

The way I am.

Life is such a funny thing, you never know what it’ll bring. You know I’m just taking it day by day.

These last few months have been incredible: incredibly difficult, incredibly amazing, and utterly life-changing.

I look back to the person I was just a few months ago and am so surprised that I can see how much I’ve changed and grown in such a short time. Life threw me a few curve balls recently and for a month I was getting hit hard with heartaches, tragedies and general road blocks one after another, handfuls at a time.

I believe that these moments were a test to my strength and they helped mold me into the person I am today. In just a short month I gained a new perspective on what I want in life, grew more confident in my ability to achieve these wants, and lost a lot of the fear that was holding me back. In the wake of tragedy I experienced a few “AHA! Moments” and had some (positive, life changing) challenges thrown at me- I don’t think that I could of handled the pressure of the positive if I hadn’t just survived the tough times.

I’ve been lucky to have experienced a few great moments recently where you step outside of yourself and just watch in amazement, wondering how the hell you got to this very moment in life. It’s a great feeling.

Although I dearly miss those who I've recently lost- in death or just through life changes and choices- and who I fear I could be loosing soon... I’ve been so lucky to have them in my life and have them love me, even if for only a moment. I’ve recently added a few very special people to my life and have learned to appreciate and love even more some who’ve been in my life for a while now.

I am who I am because each one has touched, supported, loved, taught, encouraged, hurt or even broken me. Through the best moments and the worst- I thank you all for giving me the life I have had so far.

I feel very lucky to have the life I have right now and to have the wonderful people in my life that I do. I just want to say thank you and I love you all.

:)